Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Stubbornness of Youth

This morning as I was getting the girls ready, Ria stood in the doorway and watched me do her sister's hair. I said, "go get your shoes and coat!" and she toddled off. When she returned, she brought her new shoes, a size and a half too big for her feet, with Little Miss Sunshine on them. Unlike the black shoes that fit her, they are bright and cheerful. I thought about telling her to get the others when I looked in her eyes. Plain as day, her big blue eyes held a stark challenge. She wanted to wear those shoes and was waiting for me to tell her no!

Well, with determination like that, who am I to get in the way?

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy posts like this because they remind me so much of when my kids were little. It sounds like maybe we learned the same lesson. Besides kids need to learn to make important decisions and they learn those by making these seemingly small ones now.

    ReplyDelete