Friday, January 17, 2014

A Redesign of Dating

Yes, I know this is probably a sign that I have too much time on my hands. Because of my visual nature, it sometimes helps to graph things out. Once I was done, I just had to laugh at myself. Once I started laughing, I had to share. Please note that this is just a diagram of silly thoughts of mine. Please don't take it too seriously, or think I'm supposed to be making some wise philosophical point or judgment call on the merits of one over the other. Everyone's different. Some of us are just more different than others. So here it is: The Common Practice of Dating (as a flowchart.) You'll probably have to view it full sized to read it.

Now, this is just how I've observed people's expectations. It's not supposed to show how dating actually happens. I doubt most people think of it like this, anyways. It's just what I've noticed when people talk about dating, relationships, and moving forward.

I think of things strangely. Most of the time, I blend pretty well, but sometimes it really smacks me across the face. Dating is one of those face-smacking parts of culture that I just don't get. This next flowchart is diagramming how I think a good relationship should develop. It has pretty much the same end points, but the process is wildly different. Again, remember this is just for fun. It's not supposed to say that my way is better or anything. If anything, it's just a sign of how strange I really am. [Edit: I cut it into two pieces to make it more viewable.]


Now, I don't get many of you reading this blog. It's kind of my own "mommy blog" where I get to let my hair down, get off the doctrinal topics and just let a little more of the whole me out to play. But if you do see this, let me know what you think! Analyze these things. That's what makes life interesting, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment