Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dust in the Wind

Yesterday, I took Ely to the park across from her daycare. It's the first time she's played there because the equipment is mostly for bigger kids, but it was shady, so I thought it would make a nice change.

The ground was a dusty sort of sand that she loved to pick up and let fall through her fingers, watching the way the wind fanned it out. She kept checking with me to see if I would countenance the mess-making, and when I smiled at her, she ran over to me, exclaiming about how pretty it was.

She was chattering about Belle (her newest favorite Disney princess), making up stories about her as she played on the equipment. For some reason, she keeps calling her "Jingle Belle". I guess she misses Christmas!

That night as we cuddled for bed, she decided she wanted to read me the bedtime story. Making it up as she went along, she read the entire "K" book from her Sesame Street alphabet books. It amazes me how much she remembers, and how easily she fills in her memory gaps with her own prose!

No comments:

Post a Comment