Monday, May 11, 2009

Why Be a Mother?

I think this post has captured why I want to be a mom. With the ugly decisions I've had to make recently, and the fear of the future lodged somewhere between my heart and the new baby coming, I just want to give everything to both my daughters. I can easily say if I had to choose between my life and one of theirs, there would be no hesitation. All the discomfort of being pregnant and taking care of a toddler without a husband beside me, all of my fears about my decisions pale in comparison. If my life has to be filled with loneliness so that I might give them the best chance at happiness I can, than I choose that loneliness with joy. I'm not sure why, except that I hope it can help them see how precious they are. No matter what they choose to become, they are worth everything I can give and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment