Thursday, March 15, 2012

Good Girl

Ria loves to get up early. Even though their wake time is 6 a.m., she is usually up by 5:45 a.m., trying to help me make lunches, put on makeup, or whatever I'm doing at the moment.

She especially loves it when I put lotion on my face and "forget" to rub some of it in.


This morning, I was just done showering when she woke up. She knocked on the door (a minor miracle, itself) and when I responded, she promptly went over to the couch, tucked herself in, and read stories to herself.


As soon as I got out, she said, "I laid on the couch, Mama!"


I responded, "yes, I can see that! What a good girl, just laying quietly on the couch and reading instead of waking up your sister. Thank you!"


Perfectly satisfied, she put down her book and followed me into the kitchen to help make lunches for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment